Armed youths posing as CBI officers hold family hostage
Ghaziabad: Four armed youths posing as CBI officers allegedly held a contractor`s family hostage at gun point and robbed them of cash and valuables in Swaranjayanti Puram area.
The youths introduced themselves as CBI officers to enter the residence of Trilok Chand in Swaranjayanti Puram in Kavinagar area, police said.
The armed youths held Trilok`s wife Kuldeep, his 4-year-old son Gurpreet and his mother Sabarjeet (75) hostage, they said, adding the contractor was not in the house at the time of incident.
"The accused, who came in a car, told Kuldeep that they were from CBI and wanted the check the house. Following which, she allowed them inside," a senior police officer said.
The family was held hostage and the armed youths robbed Rs 4,000 cash and valuables worth lakhs, he added. On the Trilok`s complaint, a case was lodged at Kavi Nagar police station against the accused. A manhunt has been launched to arrested the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!