Armed youths posing as CBI officers hold family hostage
Ghaziabad: Four armed youths posing as CBI officers allegedly held a contractor`s family hostage at gun point and robbed them of cash and valuables in Swaranjayanti Puram area.
The youths introduced themselves as CBI officers to enter the residence of Trilok Chand in Swaranjayanti Puram in Kavinagar area, police said.
The armed youths held Trilok`s wife Kuldeep, his 4-year-old son Gurpreet and his mother Sabarjeet (75) hostage, they said, adding the contractor was not in the house at the time of incident.
"The accused, who came in a car, told Kuldeep that they were from CBI and wanted the check the house. Following which, she allowed them inside," a senior police officer said.
The family was held hostage and the armed youths robbed Rs 4,000 cash and valuables worth lakhs, he added. On the Trilok`s complaint, a case was lodged at Kavi Nagar police station against the accused. A manhunt has been launched to arrested the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees