Armed youths posing as CBI officers hold family hostage
Ghaziabad: Four armed youths posing as CBI officers allegedly held a contractor`s family hostage at gun point and robbed them of cash and valuables in Swaranjayanti Puram area.
The youths introduced themselves as CBI officers to enter the residence of Trilok Chand in Swaranjayanti Puram in Kavinagar area, police said.
The armed youths held Trilok`s wife Kuldeep, his 4-year-old son Gurpreet and his mother Sabarjeet (75) hostage, they said, adding the contractor was not in the house at the time of incident.
"The accused, who came in a car, told Kuldeep that they were from CBI and wanted the check the house. Following which, she allowed them inside," a senior police officer said.
The family was held hostage and the armed youths robbed Rs 4,000 cash and valuables worth lakhs, he added. On the Trilok`s complaint, a case was lodged at Kavi Nagar police station against the accused. A manhunt has been launched to arrested the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash