Arms and ammunition of SSB recovered in UP
Farrukhabad (UP): Four INSAS rifles, one SMG rifle and other ammunitions of the Shashastra Seema Bal (SSB) were recovered on Wednesday, a day after it went missing from a train, police said here.
"11 cartridges of insas rifles, four magazines and four jackets of SSB personnel were recovered from Kamalganj Railway Station here yesterday," Superintendent of Police Nilabj Chowdhury said.
The recovery was made after some youths saw them lying on the track while playing cricket, the SP said, adding that the police had been alerted about the missing ammunition so that it did not go in the hands of unscrupulous elements.
Four INSAS rifle, one SMG rifle, 14 magazine and 20 cartridges of the SSB were reported missing from a train yesterday.
Deputy Commandant, SSB, Sunil Soni had informed the Government Railway Police (GRP) over phone yesterday about the missing of arms and ammunition from the train.
The force was returning back to Gorakhpur from Gujarat by a special train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive