Arms and ammunition of SSB recovered in UP
Farrukhabad (UP): Four INSAS rifles, one SMG rifle and other ammunitions of the Shashastra Seema Bal (SSB) were recovered on Wednesday, a day after it went missing from a train, police said here.
"11 cartridges of insas rifles, four magazines and four jackets of SSB personnel were recovered from Kamalganj Railway Station here yesterday," Superintendent of Police Nilabj Chowdhury said.
The recovery was made after some youths saw them lying on the track while playing cricket, the SP said, adding that the police had been alerted about the missing ammunition so that it did not go in the hands of unscrupulous elements.
Four INSAS rifle, one SMG rifle, 14 magazine and 20 cartridges of the SSB were reported missing from a train yesterday.
Deputy Commandant, SSB, Sunil Soni had informed the Government Railway Police (GRP) over phone yesterday about the missing of arms and ammunition from the train.
The force was returning back to Gorakhpur from Gujarat by a special train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof