Arms and ammunition of SSB recovered in UP
Farrukhabad (UP): Four INSAS rifles, one SMG rifle and other ammunitions of the Shashastra Seema Bal (SSB) were recovered on Wednesday, a day after it went missing from a train, police said here.
"11 cartridges of insas rifles, four magazines and four jackets of SSB personnel were recovered from Kamalganj Railway Station here yesterday," Superintendent of Police Nilabj Chowdhury said.
The recovery was made after some youths saw them lying on the track while playing cricket, the SP said, adding that the police had been alerted about the missing ammunition so that it did not go in the hands of unscrupulous elements.
Four INSAS rifle, one SMG rifle, 14 magazine and 20 cartridges of the SSB were reported missing from a train yesterday.
Deputy Commandant, SSB, Sunil Soni had informed the Government Railway Police (GRP) over phone yesterday about the missing of arms and ammunition from the train.
The force was returning back to Gorakhpur from Gujarat by a special train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites