Arms and ammunition recovery in Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh: Thirteen rocket launchers were among a large cache of arms and ammunition found buried at Chapri forest in Hazaribagh district, the police said Wednesday.
Villagers came across the explosives when locals and staff of the forest department were digging the area for plantation yesterday, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ratneshwar Thakur told reporters here.
Besides the rocket RPL model launchers, 110 pieces HG-36 model grenades, two smoke grenades, 26 pieces of mortar grenades, 25 pieces of spent mortar grenades, 106 pieces RCL-24 model mortars, seven pieces of 81MM mortars, 2000 live cartridge and 6000 empty cartridge shells were found in the forest area, he said.
Inspector General of Police (Bokaro Range), Murari Lal Meena, who along with neighbouring Ramgarh district?s SP Anish Gupta, visited the area, said a high-level inquiry was ordered into the discovery.
The DSP said the arms and ammunition recovered from the Chapri jungle are used by the Army in the battle front.
Several explosives were defused during the day while grenades and mortars had already become inactive due to rust, he added.
All the police stations in Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts were alerted following the recovery of arms, Thakur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof