Arms and ammunition recovery in Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh: Thirteen rocket launchers were among a large cache of arms and ammunition found buried at Chapri forest in Hazaribagh district, the police said Wednesday.
Villagers came across the explosives when locals and staff of the forest department were digging the area for plantation yesterday, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ratneshwar Thakur told reporters here.
Besides the rocket RPL model launchers, 110 pieces HG-36 model grenades, two smoke grenades, 26 pieces of mortar grenades, 25 pieces of spent mortar grenades, 106 pieces RCL-24 model mortars, seven pieces of 81MM mortars, 2000 live cartridge and 6000 empty cartridge shells were found in the forest area, he said.
Inspector General of Police (Bokaro Range), Murari Lal Meena, who along with neighbouring Ramgarh district?s SP Anish Gupta, visited the area, said a high-level inquiry was ordered into the discovery.
The DSP said the arms and ammunition recovered from the Chapri jungle are used by the Army in the battle front.
Several explosives were defused during the day while grenades and mortars had already become inactive due to rust, he added.
All the police stations in Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts were alerted following the recovery of arms, Thakur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27