Arms dealer held by Uttar Pradesh ATS
Lucknow: An arms dealer was on Tuesday arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad from Kanpur district for allegedly supplying cartridges to anti-national elements and Naxalites.
"ATS has arrested Amritpal Singh in Kanpur in its campaign against such persons, who are involved in selling cartridges to anti-social elements and Naxalites on fake licenses," Inspector General of Police, Ashish Gupta told reporters here.
He said that charges against Singh, included selling cartridges on fake licences.
ATS had earlier this year arrested some persons involved in selling arms and ammunitions to anti-socials and naxalites after which it was running a campaign to nab such people.
Earlier, last week, the Squad had arrested one Anil Jain, an arms dealer from Sirsa in Haryana on the similar charges.
Both Singh and Jain will be taken into remand for further probe, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train