Arms dealer held by Uttar Pradesh ATS
Lucknow: An arms dealer was on Tuesday arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad from Kanpur district for allegedly supplying cartridges to anti-national elements and Naxalites.
"ATS has arrested Amritpal Singh in Kanpur in its campaign against such persons, who are involved in selling cartridges to anti-social elements and Naxalites on fake licenses," Inspector General of Police, Ashish Gupta told reporters here.
He said that charges against Singh, included selling cartridges on fake licences.
ATS had earlier this year arrested some persons involved in selling arms and ammunitions to anti-socials and naxalites after which it was running a campaign to nab such people.
Earlier, last week, the Squad had arrested one Anil Jain, an arms dealer from Sirsa in Haryana on the similar charges.
Both Singh and Jain will be taken into remand for further probe, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!