Arms dealer held by Uttar Pradesh ATS
Lucknow: An arms dealer was on Tuesday arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad from Kanpur district for allegedly supplying cartridges to anti-national elements and Naxalites.
"ATS has arrested Amritpal Singh in Kanpur in its campaign against such persons, who are involved in selling cartridges to anti-social elements and Naxalites on fake licenses," Inspector General of Police, Ashish Gupta told reporters here.
He said that charges against Singh, included selling cartridges on fake licences.
ATS had earlier this year arrested some persons involved in selling arms and ammunitions to anti-socials and naxalites after which it was running a campaign to nab such people.
Earlier, last week, the Squad had arrested one Anil Jain, an arms dealer from Sirsa in Haryana on the similar charges.
Both Singh and Jain will be taken into remand for further probe, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees