Arms dealer held by Uttar Pradesh ATS
Lucknow: An arms dealer was on Tuesday arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad from Kanpur district for allegedly supplying cartridges to anti-national elements and Naxalites.
"ATS has arrested Amritpal Singh in Kanpur in its campaign against such persons, who are involved in selling cartridges to anti-social elements and Naxalites on fake licenses," Inspector General of Police, Ashish Gupta told reporters here.
He said that charges against Singh, included selling cartridges on fake licences.
ATS had earlier this year arrested some persons involved in selling arms and ammunitions to anti-socials and naxalites after which it was running a campaign to nab such people.
Earlier, last week, the Squad had arrested one Anil Jain, an arms dealer from Sirsa in Haryana on the similar charges.
Both Singh and Jain will be taken into remand for further probe, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Kane Williamson named New Zealand skipper for all three formats
- Hema Malini congratulates Deepika for her engagement!
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results (mbse.edu.in) to be declared today
- Docoss X1 Smartphone at Rs 888: All you want to know
- Indian Premier League 9: 82* vs Gujarat Lions was probably my best T20 knock, says Chris Morris