Arms dealer held by Uttar Pradesh ATS
Lucknow: An arms dealer was on Tuesday arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad from Kanpur district for allegedly supplying cartridges to anti-national elements and Naxalites.
"ATS has arrested Amritpal Singh in Kanpur in its campaign against such persons, who are involved in selling cartridges to anti-social elements and Naxalites on fake licenses," Inspector General of Police, Ashish Gupta told reporters here.
He said that charges against Singh, included selling cartridges on fake licences.
ATS had earlier this year arrested some persons involved in selling arms and ammunitions to anti-socials and naxalites after which it was running a campaign to nab such people.
Earlier, last week, the Squad had arrested one Anil Jain, an arms dealer from Sirsa in Haryana on the similar charges.
Both Singh and Jain will be taken into remand for further probe, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray