Arms smuggler held on board Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express
Lucknow: An arms smuggler, on his way to Delhi to deliver a consignment, was arrested from a Rajdhani Express in Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, Government Railway Police personnel of Mughalsarai yesterday arrested Raj Kumar Shah, a resident of Samastipur in Bihar, from the Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express and recovered five country-made pistols, five magazines, 11 kg of ganja and a mobile phone from him, IG (Crime) Ashish Gupta said.
The accused, during interrogation, revealed that he was on his way to Delhi from Bihar to hand over the consignment to a person in the capital.
A case has been registered and further investigations are on, the IG added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?