Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols in UP
Lucknow: An inter-state arms smuggler was arrested with 18 pistols in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district, police said Monday.
Pappu Mahaveer Singh, 34, was arrested late Sunday in Nawada area, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"Singh used to supply illegal firearms to criminal gangs in states like Punjab, Haryana and the NCR (National Capital Region)," police inspector B.K. Singh said.
"He had received the firearms consignment from his gang members in Agra. We are yet to find out whether the firearms are country-made or foreign-made," he said.
Pappu, an Uttar Pradesh native, was involved in the illegal trade for the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown