Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols in UP
Lucknow: An inter-state arms smuggler was arrested with 18 pistols in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district, police said Monday.
Pappu Mahaveer Singh, 34, was arrested late Sunday in Nawada area, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"Singh used to supply illegal firearms to criminal gangs in states like Punjab, Haryana and the NCR (National Capital Region)," police inspector B.K. Singh said.
"He had received the firearms consignment from his gang members in Agra. We are yet to find out whether the firearms are country-made or foreign-made," he said.
Pappu, an Uttar Pradesh native, was involved in the illegal trade for the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'