Army jawan arrested on abduction, rape charges in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: An army jawan was arrested for allegedly abducting and raping a 20-year-old daughter of a policeman in Shamli district, police said on Monday.
Hari Om was arrested yesterday after the girl was recovered from Thanabhawan town on May 30 and produced in the Magistrate Court here that also looks into the jurisdiction of Shamli, they said.
Both the accused and the girl belong to Gogwan village, they said.
According to police, the girl, an undergraduate, was abducted and raped by the accused when she came to take her examination at Thanabhawan on May 21, her father, a policeman, has alleged in the FIR.
The accused was arrested and was sent to jail after the victim gave her statement to the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate BS Mishra, police said.
The army jawan is presently posted in Delhi, they said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why