Army jawan kills wife, 2 children before committing suicide
Faizabad: An Army jawan allegedly shot dead his wife and two children today before killing self in Ayodhya Kotwali police station area.
Ramesh Singh (40), his 26-year-old wife Kusum, daughter Riya (7) and son Shishu (5) were found dead at their home today, police said.
Singh, posted in an Army unit at Chandigarh, had came on leave today to his home.
According to the locals, Singh knocked at the door and after there was no response he jumped inside the house and entered into some argument with his wife.
Gun shots were heard by locals later, after which police was called.
The family was found in a pool of blood when the door was broke open, said Faizabad SP city R A Gautam.
Prima facie, Singh, after the argument, shot dead his wife and the two children, and later turned the gun to himself, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA