Army jawan kills wife, 2 children before committing suicide
Faizabad: An Army jawan allegedly shot dead his wife and two children today before killing self in Ayodhya Kotwali police station area.
Ramesh Singh (40), his 26-year-old wife Kusum, daughter Riya (7) and son Shishu (5) were found dead at their home today, police said.
Singh, posted in an Army unit at Chandigarh, had came on leave today to his home.
According to the locals, Singh knocked at the door and after there was no response he jumped inside the house and entered into some argument with his wife.
Gun shots were heard by locals later, after which police was called.
The family was found in a pool of blood when the door was broke open, said Faizabad SP city R A Gautam.
Prima facie, Singh, after the argument, shot dead his wife and the two children, and later turned the gun to himself, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured