Army jawan kills wife, 2 children before committing suicide
Faizabad: An Army jawan allegedly shot dead his wife and two children today before killing self in Ayodhya Kotwali police station area.
Ramesh Singh (40), his 26-year-old wife Kusum, daughter Riya (7) and son Shishu (5) were found dead at their home today, police said.
Singh, posted in an Army unit at Chandigarh, had came on leave today to his home.
According to the locals, Singh knocked at the door and after there was no response he jumped inside the house and entered into some argument with his wife.
Gun shots were heard by locals later, after which police was called.
The family was found in a pool of blood when the door was broke open, said Faizabad SP city R A Gautam.
Prima facie, Singh, after the argument, shot dead his wife and the two children, and later turned the gun to himself, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diabetes drug may help prevent heart disease
- Kashmir unrest: Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi, hits out at Pakistan for openly fuelling tension in Valley
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..