Army jawan kills wife, 2 children before committing suicide
Faizabad: An Army jawan allegedly shot dead his wife and two children today before killing self in Ayodhya Kotwali police station area.
Ramesh Singh (40), his 26-year-old wife Kusum, daughter Riya (7) and son Shishu (5) were found dead at their home today, police said.
Singh, posted in an Army unit at Chandigarh, had came on leave today to his home.
According to the locals, Singh knocked at the door and after there was no response he jumped inside the house and entered into some argument with his wife.
Gun shots were heard by locals later, after which police was called.
The family was found in a pool of blood when the door was broke open, said Faizabad SP city R A Gautam.
Prima facie, Singh, after the argument, shot dead his wife and the two children, and later turned the gun to himself, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what