Army jawan shot dead, robbed of Rs two lakh
Ballia: An army man, a close relative of a
ruling BSP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was shot dead and robbed of
Rs two lakh by some unidentified persons in a village in Ballia on Monday.
Raj Kumar Maurya, the 38-year-old jawan, was returning
home along with his relative Dheeraj after withdrawing money
from a bank when five unknown persons fired at them in Sasna
Bahadurpur village, police said.
The jawan, a close relative of BSP MLA Kedar Nath
Verma, died instantly while Dheeraj escaped unhurt.
The attackers fled with Raj Kumar`s bag containing Rs
two lakh, police said adding a hunt had been launched to nab
The jawan was posted at Chindwada and was on leave,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble