Army jawan shot dead, robbed of Rs two lakh
Ballia: An army man, a close relative of a
ruling BSP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was shot dead and robbed of
Rs two lakh by some unidentified persons in a village in Ballia on Monday.
Raj Kumar Maurya, the 38-year-old jawan, was returning
home along with his relative Dheeraj after withdrawing money
from a bank when five unknown persons fired at them in Sasna
Bahadurpur village, police said.
The jawan, a close relative of BSP MLA Kedar Nath
Verma, died instantly while Dheeraj escaped unhurt.
The attackers fled with Raj Kumar`s bag containing Rs
two lakh, police said adding a hunt had been launched to nab
The jawan was posted at Chindwada and was on leave,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why