Army jawan shot dead, robbed of Rs two lakh
Ballia: An army man, a close relative of a
ruling BSP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was shot dead and robbed of
Rs two lakh by some unidentified persons in a village in Ballia on Monday.
Raj Kumar Maurya, the 38-year-old jawan, was returning
home along with his relative Dheeraj after withdrawing money
from a bank when five unknown persons fired at them in Sasna
Bahadurpur village, police said.
The jawan, a close relative of BSP MLA Kedar Nath
Verma, died instantly while Dheeraj escaped unhurt.
The attackers fled with Raj Kumar`s bag containing Rs
two lakh, police said adding a hunt had been launched to nab
The jawan was posted at Chindwada and was on leave,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees