Army jawan shot dead, robbed of Rs two lakh
Ballia: An army man, a close relative of a
ruling BSP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was shot dead and robbed of
Rs two lakh by some unidentified persons in a village in Ballia on Monday.
Raj Kumar Maurya, the 38-year-old jawan, was returning
home along with his relative Dheeraj after withdrawing money
from a bank when five unknown persons fired at them in Sasna
Bahadurpur village, police said.
The jawan, a close relative of BSP MLA Kedar Nath
Verma, died instantly while Dheeraj escaped unhurt.
The attackers fled with Raj Kumar`s bag containing Rs
two lakh, police said adding a hunt had been launched to nab
The jawan was posted at Chindwada and was on leave,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh