Army jawan shot dead, robbed of Rs two lakh
Ballia: An army man, a close relative of a
ruling BSP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was shot dead and robbed of
Rs two lakh by some unidentified persons in a village in Ballia on Monday.
Raj Kumar Maurya, the 38-year-old jawan, was returning
home along with his relative Dheeraj after withdrawing money
from a bank when five unknown persons fired at them in Sasna
Bahadurpur village, police said.
The jawan, a close relative of BSP MLA Kedar Nath
Verma, died instantly while Dheeraj escaped unhurt.
The attackers fled with Raj Kumar`s bag containing Rs
two lakh, police said adding a hunt had been launched to nab
The jawan was posted at Chindwada and was on leave,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?