Army job racket busted in Varanasi
Varanasi: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a job racket by detaining two persons, including a suspended Army jawan, who allegedly lured youths guaranteeing
them jobs in the Army.
Acting on a tip-off, police detained Sohrat Singh and Jaymangal Chauhan here yesterday while they were attempting to lure youths promising them jobs in the Army as Soldier Tradesman, General Duties (GD).
Some mobile SIM cards, fake marksheets, certificates and other documents were recovered from their possession, police said, adding that the accused were being interrogated.
A retired Naib Subedar Mahatim Yadav was arrested here three days ago who had allegedly lured a youth promising him a job in the Army for Rs 2.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'