Army job racket busted in Varanasi
Varanasi: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a job racket by detaining two persons, including a suspended Army jawan, who allegedly lured youths guaranteeing
them jobs in the Army.
Acting on a tip-off, police detained Sohrat Singh and Jaymangal Chauhan here yesterday while they were attempting to lure youths promising them jobs in the Army as Soldier Tradesman, General Duties (GD).
Some mobile SIM cards, fake marksheets, certificates and other documents were recovered from their possession, police said, adding that the accused were being interrogated.
A retired Naib Subedar Mahatim Yadav was arrested here three days ago who had allegedly lured a youth promising him a job in the Army for Rs 2.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police