Army job racket busted in Varanasi
Varanasi: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a job racket by detaining two persons, including a suspended Army jawan, who allegedly lured youths guaranteeing
them jobs in the Army.
Acting on a tip-off, police detained Sohrat Singh and Jaymangal Chauhan here yesterday while they were attempting to lure youths promising them jobs in the Army as Soldier Tradesman, General Duties (GD).
Some mobile SIM cards, fake marksheets, certificates and other documents were recovered from their possession, police said, adding that the accused were being interrogated.
A retired Naib Subedar Mahatim Yadav was arrested here three days ago who had allegedly lured a youth promising him a job in the Army for Rs 2.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened