Army job racket busted in Varanasi
Varanasi: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a job racket by detaining two persons, including a suspended Army jawan, who allegedly lured youths guaranteeing
them jobs in the Army.
Acting on a tip-off, police detained Sohrat Singh and Jaymangal Chauhan here yesterday while they were attempting to lure youths promising them jobs in the Army as Soldier Tradesman, General Duties (GD).
Some mobile SIM cards, fake marksheets, certificates and other documents were recovered from their possession, police said, adding that the accused were being interrogated.
A retired Naib Subedar Mahatim Yadav was arrested here three days ago who had allegedly lured a youth promising him a job in the Army for Rs 2.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof