Army job racket busted in Varanasi
Varanasi: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a job racket by detaining two persons, including a suspended Army jawan, who allegedly lured youths guaranteeing
them jobs in the Army.
Acting on a tip-off, police detained Sohrat Singh and Jaymangal Chauhan here yesterday while they were attempting to lure youths promising them jobs in the Army as Soldier Tradesman, General Duties (GD).
Some mobile SIM cards, fake marksheets, certificates and other documents were recovered from their possession, police said, adding that the accused were being interrogated.
A retired Naib Subedar Mahatim Yadav was arrested here three days ago who had allegedly lured a youth promising him a job in the Army for Rs 2.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015