Army officer with AK-47 bullets arrested at airport
Lucknow: An Indian Army officer was arrested at the Lucknow airport Sunday after two AK-47 cartridges were found in his baggage, police said.
Identified as Captain Varun Misra, the officer had come on leave to his hometown Bahraich, and was on his way back to his place of posting in Goa when he was taken into custody by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) before boarding a flight to New Delhi.
Even as the officer pleaded that the two cartridges were with him by mistake, CISF personnel at the airport refused to let him off. He did not possess any weapon.
According to Lucknow`s Deputy Inspector General of Police Rajiv Krishna, a case was registered against the officer at the Sarojini Nagar police station and he was being handed over to local army authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH