Army officer with AK-47 bullets arrested at airport
Lucknow: An Indian Army officer was arrested at the Lucknow airport Sunday after two AK-47 cartridges were found in his baggage, police said.
Identified as Captain Varun Misra, the officer had come on leave to his hometown Bahraich, and was on his way back to his place of posting in Goa when he was taken into custody by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) before boarding a flight to New Delhi.
Even as the officer pleaded that the two cartridges were with him by mistake, CISF personnel at the airport refused to let him off. He did not possess any weapon.
According to Lucknow`s Deputy Inspector General of Police Rajiv Krishna, a case was registered against the officer at the Sarojini Nagar police station and he was being handed over to local army authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi