Army officer with AK-47 bullets arrested at airport
Lucknow: An Indian Army officer was arrested at the Lucknow airport Sunday after two AK-47 cartridges were found in his baggage, police said.
Identified as Captain Varun Misra, the officer had come on leave to his hometown Bahraich, and was on his way back to his place of posting in Goa when he was taken into custody by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) before boarding a flight to New Delhi.
Even as the officer pleaded that the two cartridges were with him by mistake, CISF personnel at the airport refused to let him off. He did not possess any weapon.
According to Lucknow`s Deputy Inspector General of Police Rajiv Krishna, a case was registered against the officer at the Sarojini Nagar police station and he was being handed over to local army authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi