Army to hold recruitment drives in Agra, Jhansi
Lucknow: Army will now hold separate recruitment rallies at Agra and Jhansi and not club it with the one at Mainpuri, an official said on Wednesday.
Owing to large crowds at its recruitment rallies in September, the army announced removal of Agra and Jhansi centres from the recruitment rallies to be held in Mainpuri between Oct 18-27.
A spokesman of the Central Command told a news agency that separate rallies would now be held for the two districts between Nov 18-20.
People from seven districts would be included in the recruitment rally scheduled in Mainpuri, the parliamentary constituency of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"Agra and Jhansi districts are major districts with a large number of recruitable male population and hence we want them to be tested at a separate exam rather than clubbing them with the Mainpuri rally," a spokesman said.
The screening of recruitment at Agra Cantt will be carried out for Baha, Agra and Etmadpur tehsils Nov 18 while tests for examinees from Kirawali, Khairagarh, Fatehabad tehsils at Agra will be held Nov 19 Jhansi recruitment rally would held Nov 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka