Army to hold recruitment drives in Agra, Jhansi
Lucknow: Army will now hold separate recruitment rallies at Agra and Jhansi and not club it with the one at Mainpuri, an official said on Wednesday.
Owing to large crowds at its recruitment rallies in September, the army announced removal of Agra and Jhansi centres from the recruitment rallies to be held in Mainpuri between Oct 18-27.
A spokesman of the Central Command told a news agency that separate rallies would now be held for the two districts between Nov 18-20.
People from seven districts would be included in the recruitment rally scheduled in Mainpuri, the parliamentary constituency of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"Agra and Jhansi districts are major districts with a large number of recruitable male population and hence we want them to be tested at a separate exam rather than clubbing them with the Mainpuri rally," a spokesman said.
The screening of recruitment at Agra Cantt will be carried out for Baha, Agra and Etmadpur tehsils Nov 18 while tests for examinees from Kirawali, Khairagarh, Fatehabad tehsils at Agra will be held Nov 19 Jhansi recruitment rally would held Nov 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre