Armyman killed in gun battle with Uttar Pradesh police
Bulandshahr: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead in a gun battle with the Uttar Pradesh Police after he robbed a car in this district, police said Sunday.
Two men robbed a Mathura resident`s car in the wee hours of Saturday in Bulandshahr district of western Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The car owner informed the cops, who chased the robbers in the rural area of the district, where a gun battle took place between them.
In the exchange of firing, one of the robbers sustained bullet injuries and fell down in a ditch. He was rushed to the district hospital where he was declared dead.
He was later identified as Kuldeep Singh, of the Rajputana Rifles in the Indian Army. He was a resident of Aligarh district of the state.
The family members of the deceased protested against the gun battle and termed it as "faked".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble