Armyman killed in gun battle with Uttar Pradesh police
Bulandshahr: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead in a gun battle with the Uttar Pradesh Police after he robbed a car in this district, police said Sunday.
Two men robbed a Mathura resident`s car in the wee hours of Saturday in Bulandshahr district of western Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The car owner informed the cops, who chased the robbers in the rural area of the district, where a gun battle took place between them.
In the exchange of firing, one of the robbers sustained bullet injuries and fell down in a ditch. He was rushed to the district hospital where he was declared dead.
He was later identified as Kuldeep Singh, of the Rajputana Rifles in the Indian Army. He was a resident of Aligarh district of the state.
The family members of the deceased protested against the gun battle and termed it as "faked".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital