Armyman killed in gun battle with Uttar Pradesh police
Bulandshahr: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead in a gun battle with the Uttar Pradesh Police after he robbed a car in this district, police said Sunday.
Two men robbed a Mathura resident`s car in the wee hours of Saturday in Bulandshahr district of western Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The car owner informed the cops, who chased the robbers in the rural area of the district, where a gun battle took place between them.
In the exchange of firing, one of the robbers sustained bullet injuries and fell down in a ditch. He was rushed to the district hospital where he was declared dead.
He was later identified as Kuldeep Singh, of the Rajputana Rifles in the Indian Army. He was a resident of Aligarh district of the state.
The family members of the deceased protested against the gun battle and termed it as "faked".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town