Armyman killed in gun battle with Uttar Pradesh police
Bulandshahr: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead in a gun battle with the Uttar Pradesh Police after he robbed a car in this district, police said Sunday.
Two men robbed a Mathura resident`s car in the wee hours of Saturday in Bulandshahr district of western Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The car owner informed the cops, who chased the robbers in the rural area of the district, where a gun battle took place between them.
In the exchange of firing, one of the robbers sustained bullet injuries and fell down in a ditch. He was rushed to the district hospital where he was declared dead.
He was later identified as Kuldeep Singh, of the Rajputana Rifles in the Indian Army. He was a resident of Aligarh district of the state.
The family members of the deceased protested against the gun battle and termed it as "faked".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves