Armyman killed in gun battle with Uttar Pradesh police
Bulandshahr: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead in a gun battle with the Uttar Pradesh Police after he robbed a car in this district, police said Sunday.
Two men robbed a Mathura resident`s car in the wee hours of Saturday in Bulandshahr district of western Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The car owner informed the cops, who chased the robbers in the rural area of the district, where a gun battle took place between them.
In the exchange of firing, one of the robbers sustained bullet injuries and fell down in a ditch. He was rushed to the district hospital where he was declared dead.
He was later identified as Kuldeep Singh, of the Rajputana Rifles in the Indian Army. He was a resident of Aligarh district of the state.
The family members of the deceased protested against the gun battle and termed it as "faked".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- India needs to tread the innovation path to progress
- Janmashtami 2016: Send these devotional TEXT MESSAGES to your loved ones right away!
- Soon, you may use Wi-Fi on Indian flights
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test 'greatest success'
- Myanmar weighs damage after earthquake rattles Bagan pagodas