Around 50 taken ill in UP after consuming 'prasad'

Around fifty persons, mostly minors, fell ill after eating 'prasad' during a religious function at Jojapur village in Achalganj area in the district here, police said Thursday.

PTI| Last Updated: Mar 26, 2015, 13:05 PM IST

Unnao: Around fifty persons, mostly minors, fell ill after eating 'prasad' during a religious function at Jojapur village in Achalganj area in the district here, police said Thursday.

The ill, mostly aged between five to fifteen years, were admitted to Achalganj community centre last evening with suspected food poisoning, K K Amid, Superintendent of the centre said.

All of them, except a girl have been discharged, he said adding that a team of doctors have been rushed to the village.