Arranging jobs for youth a serious challenge, says Akhilesh
Lucknow: Admitting that arranging jobs for youth was a serious challenge before the Uttar Pradesh government, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said efforts are being made to woo industrialists to invest in the state.
Addressing convocation of a private university here, Akhilesh said, "To arrange jobs for the youth was a serious challenge before the government and it was making efforts accordingly."
He said that efforts were being made by the government that industrialists set up units in the state so that youths get new employment opportunities and for this new infrastructure and industrial policy has been implemented.
Akhilesh said the government was providing unemployment allowance for basic needs of the youth who are yet to get a job.
He said that government has taken important measures in the field of education, and promoting girl education was the government`s priority area.
The CM said that apart from Kanya Vidyadhan and financial assistance to high school pass girls of minority community, the government has decided to give free medical and engineering education to poor girls.
Speaking on the occasion, UP Governor B L Joshi stressed on creating an environment of interest towards research and to maintain the quality of the work in the universities.
Addressing the convocation the Governor said that the research work should be such that it creates identity at international level.
Joshi told the students that getting a degree was not the end of the journey, but start of a mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’