Arrested armyman had links with ISI agent, claims IG UPSTF
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) today alleged that an army men, arrested from Himachal Pradesh on Saturday last, had links with a suspect ISI agent.
"Armyman Sunit Kumar, who was posted at Babina Cantonment in Jhansi and arrested by STF on August 23 from Himachal Pradesh, had links with alleged ISI agent Asif Ali, who was arrested from Delhigate area in Meerut on August 16," Sujeet Pandey, IG STF said here today.
He said laptop recovered from Kumar was purchased by Asif, and STF was trying to elicit more information about their association.
"We have sent the laptop to forensic experts to extract information," he added.
The IG said, probe till now has revealed that Kumar had passed on some informations, that he had gathered, to a lady with whom he was in touch before joining the Army.
"We are trying to trace that lady," he said without elaborating.
During interrogation, Kumar had revealed that around three months before joining the army in December 2012 he had come in contact with a woman of foreign origin, he added.
After he had joined the army, the woman used to seek information about to his and other units, and he had also given the number of Babina unit to her, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report