Arvind Kejriwal calls corruption, price rise AAP enemies in UP road show
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: With eyes all set on the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday launched a Jhadu Chalao Yatra to cover 15 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh.
While targeting BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during his road show, Kejriwal said that his party is against corruption, communalism and price rise. He further said that no party is taking action against these issues.
The Yatra began from Kaushambi and proceeded to Pilkhuwa, Hapur, Amroha, Moradabad, Rampur, Bareilly, Shahjahanpur and Hardoi.
On the second day the Yatra will proceed to Unnao and reach Kanpur where former Delhi chief minister Kejriwal will address a rally. In Kanpur, he will also meet leaders from the business community and social organisations. On March 3, the poll campaign will cover Auraiya, Etawah, Firozabad, Agra, Mathura and Palwal.
AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Sanjay Singh, and Gopal Rai are accompanying him along with several party workers and volunteers.
The state of Uttar Pradesh has a total of 80 Lok Sabha constituencies allotted to it. Being the largest Indian state in terms of number of seats, it holds a deciding position in the context of the vital general polls.
In 2009, Samajwadi Party won the maximum seats from UP followed by the Congress, the BSP and the BJP.
While AAP`s senior leader Kumar Vishwas will contest against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, rumours are doing that rounds that the party will field Shazia Ilmi to contest against Congress president Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar