Ashes from Bhatta Parasaul sent for forensic examination
Greater Noida: A day after Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi raised the issue of alleged burning of
people in Uttar Pradesh`s Bhatta Parasaul, the focal point of
farmers stir on land acquisition issue, ashes from a site were on Tuesday lifted and sent to forensic laboratory for examination.
IG (Meerut) Rajni Kant Mishra denied allegations that
people were burnt to death in the village but said seven fire
tenders were put in operation to extinguish fire.
"If the administration had ignited the fire to set the
men ablaze, they would not have called fire men," he said
here, referring to the fire that had broken out on the night
of May 7, the same day when four people-- two police personnel
and as many farmers were killed in clashes during the
"The ashes of cowdung heaps and fields which were
burnt in fire were not razed. Mediamen were allowed to enter
the village and see the burnt-out materials," he said.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi had yesterday
alleged that huge heaps of ash carrying burnt bodies had been
found in the villages where farmers were agitating for better
compensation for their land acquired by Mayawati government.
He also showed the Prime Minister pictures purportedly
of bodies burnt and other forms of violence against farmers
and their family members.
"...Women have been raped, people have been thrashed.
Houses have been destroyed," Gandhi alleged.
Regarding the missing persons in the village,
Commissioner (Meerut) Bhuvnesh Kumar said "till date, only one
person`s missing complaint has been received. He was found to
be admitted at a Delhi hospital."
Kumar said several persons were not coming back to the
village out of fear. He, however, assured the villagers that
no innocent person will be arrested.
"We will identify the anti-social elements through
video clippings and only the guilty will be arrested. No
innocent person will be arrested," Mishra said.
District Magistrate Deepak Aggarwal said Section 144
had been lifted from today as normalcy was returning to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what