Ashes from Bhatta Parasaul sent for forensic examination
Greater Noida: A day after Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi raised the issue of alleged burning of
people in Uttar Pradesh`s Bhatta Parasaul, the focal point of
farmers stir on land acquisition issue, ashes from a site were on Tuesday lifted and sent to forensic laboratory for examination.
IG (Meerut) Rajni Kant Mishra denied allegations that
people were burnt to death in the village but said seven fire
tenders were put in operation to extinguish fire.
"If the administration had ignited the fire to set the
men ablaze, they would not have called fire men," he said
here, referring to the fire that had broken out on the night
of May 7, the same day when four people-- two police personnel
and as many farmers were killed in clashes during the
"The ashes of cowdung heaps and fields which were
burnt in fire were not razed. Mediamen were allowed to enter
the village and see the burnt-out materials," he said.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi had yesterday
alleged that huge heaps of ash carrying burnt bodies had been
found in the villages where farmers were agitating for better
compensation for their land acquired by Mayawati government.
He also showed the Prime Minister pictures purportedly
of bodies burnt and other forms of violence against farmers
and their family members.
"...Women have been raped, people have been thrashed.
Houses have been destroyed," Gandhi alleged.
Regarding the missing persons in the village,
Commissioner (Meerut) Bhuvnesh Kumar said "till date, only one
person`s missing complaint has been received. He was found to
be admitted at a Delhi hospital."
Kumar said several persons were not coming back to the
village out of fear. He, however, assured the villagers that
no innocent person will be arrested.
"We will identify the anti-social elements through
video clippings and only the guilty will be arrested. No
innocent person will be arrested," Mishra said.
District Magistrate Deepak Aggarwal said Section 144
had been lifted from today as normalcy was returning to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray