Asked to pay school fee, girl commits suicide
Muzaffarnagar: Upset after being asked to
pay the school fees on time, a 13-year-old girl committed
suicide at her house in Bhalwasa village of Saharanpur, police
said here today.
Lakshmi, a third standard student of a private school,
yesterday hanged herself from the ceiling in her house after
returning from school, they said.
The victim`s father Kaluram, a labourer, alleged that
his daughter was pressurised to deposit the school fees on
Upon returning home, she demanded money from her
father who assured her that the fees would be paid in a few
Thereafter she committed suicide when her parents were
away at work, police said.
An inquiry has been ordered into incident, District
Magistrate of Saharanpur Alok Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands