Aspirant succumbs to injuries, murder case against ITBP
Bareilly: A murder case has been
registered against ITBP when a youth died allegedly after
being beaten up by the its jawans, police said on Thursday.
Devendra Singh, hailing from Etah, sustained serious
injuries on his head on Tuesday after ITBP jawans allegedly
assaulted aspirants with sticks, leading to stampede, they
Singh, was admitted to the district hospital where
he succumbed to injuries on Tuesday late night, police said.
The victim`s cousin Keshav Singh had yesterday lodged
an FIR against ITBP alleging that its jawan assaulted
aspirants with sticks, leading to stampede and in which
Devendra sustained serious injuries.
Meanwhile, another FIR was lodged by assistant
regional manager of UP Road Transport Corporation R B Sharma
against unidentified persons for damaging and torching
roadways buses during protest on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed