At least 152 killed in UP floods, five lakh displaced
Lucknow: The death toll in the flood fury in Uttar Pradesh climbed up to 152 Monday as most rivers continued to flow over the danger mark and heavy rains added to people`s woes.
Over five lakh people have been displaced.
However, the government is yet help villagers who have been deprived of their livelihood due to waters claiming their lands.
Ten rivers in the state - Sharda, Ghaghra, Ramganga, Ganga, Yamuna, Betwa, Kain, Gomti, Sai and Saryu - are in spate and have devastate large areas.
The Gomti river has flooded many villages in Sitapur, Lucknow and Sultanpur, while the Sai river has wreaked havoc in parts of Lucknow and Rae Bareilly. Ghaghra and Saryu river waters have gushed into villages in Barabanki, Faizabad, Gorakhpur, Basti, Kushinagar, Bahraich, Gonda and Shravasti.
Officials put the number of cattle deaths at 478 and said that several acres of agricultural land in 15 districts has been inundated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack