At least 152 killed in UP floods, five lakh displaced
Lucknow: The death toll in the flood fury in Uttar Pradesh climbed up to 152 Monday as most rivers continued to flow over the danger mark and heavy rains added to people`s woes.
Over five lakh people have been displaced.
However, the government is yet help villagers who have been deprived of their livelihood due to waters claiming their lands.
Ten rivers in the state - Sharda, Ghaghra, Ramganga, Ganga, Yamuna, Betwa, Kain, Gomti, Sai and Saryu - are in spate and have devastate large areas.
The Gomti river has flooded many villages in Sitapur, Lucknow and Sultanpur, while the Sai river has wreaked havoc in parts of Lucknow and Rae Bareilly. Ghaghra and Saryu river waters have gushed into villages in Barabanki, Faizabad, Gorakhpur, Basti, Kushinagar, Bahraich, Gonda and Shravasti.
Officials put the number of cattle deaths at 478 and said that several acres of agricultural land in 15 districts has been inundated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur