At least 152 killed in UP floods, five lakh displaced
Lucknow: The death toll in the flood fury in Uttar Pradesh climbed up to 152 Monday as most rivers continued to flow over the danger mark and heavy rains added to people`s woes.
Over five lakh people have been displaced.
However, the government is yet help villagers who have been deprived of their livelihood due to waters claiming their lands.
Ten rivers in the state - Sharda, Ghaghra, Ramganga, Ganga, Yamuna, Betwa, Kain, Gomti, Sai and Saryu - are in spate and have devastate large areas.
The Gomti river has flooded many villages in Sitapur, Lucknow and Sultanpur, while the Sai river has wreaked havoc in parts of Lucknow and Rae Bareilly. Ghaghra and Saryu river waters have gushed into villages in Barabanki, Faizabad, Gorakhpur, Basti, Kushinagar, Bahraich, Gonda and Shravasti.
Officials put the number of cattle deaths at 478 and said that several acres of agricultural land in 15 districts has been inundated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- CBI raids Viswa Bharati University over alleged irregularities by sacked Vice Chancellor
- Akshay Kumar bats for insurance for stuntmen in Bollywood
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!