ATM machine broke open by robbers, no cash looted
Ghaziabad: Some robbers managed to break open an ATM machine of the State Bank of India in Hapur city, but were unable to take away the cash after they failed to open the cash box, police said on Saturday.
The thieves managed to break the ATM machine last night but were unable to open the cash box fitted inside. No cash was looted, a bank official said.
However, they stole a generator set kept in the room, police added.
The CCTV in the ATM room was switched off and there was no security guard to man the place, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report