ATM machine broke open by robbers, no cash looted
Ghaziabad: Some robbers managed to break open an ATM machine of the State Bank of India in Hapur city, but were unable to take away the cash after they failed to open the cash box, police said on Saturday.
The thieves managed to break the ATM machine last night but were unable to open the cash box fitted inside. No cash was looted, a bank official said.
However, they stole a generator set kept in the room, police added.
The CCTV in the ATM room was switched off and there was no security guard to man the place, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon