Attachment proceeding initiated against 2 riots accused
Muzaffarnagar: The attachment proceeding has been initiated against two absconders accused in a murder case during the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar at the request of the police ordered attachment proceeding against two accused- Kapil and Mintu- under Section 83 of the CrPc, here yesterday.
Both the accused are absconding since their involvement in the case during the riots at Mukandpur village under Titawi police station in the district.
One Rozuddin was shot dead and his nephew Arshad was seriously injured by the rioters when they were on their way to seek shelter in the village.
Police registered a case against Kapil, Mintu and four others -- Gaurav, Nikhil, Bhola, and Sumit, and during the investigation all accused were found involved in the case and a Special Investigation Team had asked the police to arrest them.
While Kapil and Mintu have been absconding, three other accused have been arrested and one of them has given a surrender application, police said.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary