Attachment proceeding initiated against 2 riots accused
Muzaffarnagar: The attachment proceeding has been initiated against two absconders accused in a murder case during the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar at the request of the police ordered attachment proceeding against two accused- Kapil and Mintu- under Section 83 of the CrPc, here yesterday.
Both the accused are absconding since their involvement in the case during the riots at Mukandpur village under Titawi police station in the district.
One Rozuddin was shot dead and his nephew Arshad was seriously injured by the rioters when they were on their way to seek shelter in the village.
Police registered a case against Kapil, Mintu and four others -- Gaurav, Nikhil, Bhola, and Sumit, and during the investigation all accused were found involved in the case and a Special Investigation Team had asked the police to arrest them.
While Kapil and Mintu have been absconding, three other accused have been arrested and one of them has given a surrender application, police said.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video