Attack on police team: Six to be booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Six persons arrested for attacking police officials to free alleged members of the sand mafia will be booked under the Gangsters and Anti-Social Activities (Prevention) Act, police said today.
Shamli Superintendent of Police Abdul Hameed said the accused -- Islam, Sazim, Anwer, Israeel, Nazim and Vikky -- attacked the police team with sticks and stones to free three alleged members of the sand mafia.
At least five policemen were injured in the attack that took place at Chotra village in the district on May 15.
A mob had cornered police to ensure the release of the three and even tried to crush some officials under a tractor. They also looted three police vehicles and an AK-47 rifle, which were later recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video