Attack on police team: Six to be booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Six persons arrested for attacking police officials to free alleged members of the sand mafia will be booked under the Gangsters and Anti-Social Activities (Prevention) Act, police said today.
Shamli Superintendent of Police Abdul Hameed said the accused -- Islam, Sazim, Anwer, Israeel, Nazim and Vikky -- attacked the police team with sticks and stones to free three alleged members of the sand mafia.
At least five policemen were injured in the attack that took place at Chotra village in the district on May 15.
A mob had cornered police to ensure the release of the three and even tried to crush some officials under a tractor. They also looted three police vehicles and an AK-47 rifle, which were later recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic