Attack on police team: Six to be booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Six persons arrested for attacking police officials to free alleged members of the sand mafia will be booked under the Gangsters and Anti-Social Activities (Prevention) Act, police said today.
Shamli Superintendent of Police Abdul Hameed said the accused -- Islam, Sazim, Anwer, Israeel, Nazim and Vikky -- attacked the police team with sticks and stones to free three alleged members of the sand mafia.
At least five policemen were injured in the attack that took place at Chotra village in the district on May 15.
A mob had cornered police to ensure the release of the three and even tried to crush some officials under a tractor. They also looted three police vehicles and an AK-47 rifle, which were later recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song