Autopsy confirms Ghaziabad`s minor girl was raped
Ghaziabad: The autopsy of a six-year-old who was found murdered here Thursday morning has confirmed that she was raped before being killed, police said Friday.
Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav said there were serious injuries in and around the victim`s private parts and multiple fractures on her face. To hide her identity, the assailants poured acid on her face.
"We are trying to arrest the culprits but have not made any success so far," Yadav said.
The girl, who had gone missing Wednesday evening, was found dead in a field on the Nandgram-Sihani Road opposite Mariam Nagar here.
The Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and police have been deployed in Subhash Nagar area under Sihani police station in Ghaziabad following protests against the rape-cum-murder of the girl.
Nearly 50 protestors sustained injuries Thursday when they clashed with Ghaziabad police over the latter`s alleged apathy in probing the case. About a dozen protestors were taken into custody.
Protestors blocked National Highway-58 for about five hours. Police used tear gas cells, rubber bullets and finally fired in the air to disperse the mob.
The girl`s father alleged that his daughter went missing around 6 p.m. Wednesday. At 7 p.m. he informed the police but was asked by them to trace the girl on his own.
The next morning, he received a call from the police that a child`s body was lying in a field opposite Mariam Nagar. She was found in a semi-nude condition.
Yadav said a senior police officer will investigate the case and that punitive action would be initiated against the erring policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir