Aviation varsity to be set-up in Amethi
Fursatganj: An aviation university
would be set up in the Lok Sabha constituency of Congress
general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Making this announcement here at a function to mark 25
years of Indira Gandhi National Aviation academy here, Rahul
said the proposed Rajiv Gandhi national university would help
provide better training facilities to pilots and tide over
shortage of pilots.
He said this university would also start providing
training to helicopter pilots besides running courses in
aviation technology and their maintenance.
The Congress leader said the Fursatganj airport would be
expanded so that farmers` produce could be exported.
Civil Aviation Minister V Ravi, who was present on the
occasion, said the proposed university would provide more
training opportunities to youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir