Aviation varsity to be set-up in Amethi
Fursatganj: An aviation university
would be set up in the Lok Sabha constituency of Congress
general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Making this announcement here at a function to mark 25
years of Indira Gandhi National Aviation academy here, Rahul
said the proposed Rajiv Gandhi national university would help
provide better training facilities to pilots and tide over
shortage of pilots.
He said this university would also start providing
training to helicopter pilots besides running courses in
aviation technology and their maintenance.
The Congress leader said the Fursatganj airport would be
expanded so that farmers` produce could be exported.
Civil Aviation Minister V Ravi, who was present on the
occasion, said the proposed university would provide more
training opportunities to youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble