Avoid cow slaughter on Id-ul-Adha: Darul Uloom
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband, on Monday asked Muslims not to slaughter cows on occasion of Id-ul-Adha to respect sentiments of Hindus.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Maulana Abdul Khalique said guidlines in "ahkame idul zuah (concept of sacrifice), an instruction book brought out by the seminary, say that Muslims should avoid slaughtering cows wherever it is banned.
To respect the law and in view of feelings of Hindus, he said cow slaughter should be avoided as it does not have any added significance in the rituals.
"Other cattle can be used for scarifice so as not to breach the law," he said.
Id-ul-Adha will be celebrated on November 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'