Avoid cow slaughter on Id-ul-Adha: Darul Uloom
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband, on Monday asked Muslims not to slaughter cows on occasion of Id-ul-Adha to respect sentiments of Hindus.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Maulana Abdul Khalique said guidlines in "ahkame idul zuah (concept of sacrifice), an instruction book brought out by the seminary, say that Muslims should avoid slaughtering cows wherever it is banned.
To respect the law and in view of feelings of Hindus, he said cow slaughter should be avoided as it does not have any added significance in the rituals.
"Other cattle can be used for scarifice so as not to breach the law," he said.
Id-ul-Adha will be celebrated on November 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works