Avoid cow slaughter on Id-ul-Adha: Darul Uloom
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband, on Monday asked Muslims not to slaughter cows on occasion of Id-ul-Adha to respect sentiments of Hindus.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Maulana Abdul Khalique said guidlines in "ahkame idul zuah (concept of sacrifice), an instruction book brought out by the seminary, say that Muslims should avoid slaughtering cows wherever it is banned.
To respect the law and in view of feelings of Hindus, he said cow slaughter should be avoided as it does not have any added significance in the rituals.
"Other cattle can be used for scarifice so as not to breach the law," he said.
Id-ul-Adha will be celebrated on November 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP