Avoid cow slaughter on Id-ul-Adha: Darul Uloom
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband, on Monday asked Muslims not to slaughter cows on occasion of Id-ul-Adha to respect sentiments of Hindus.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Maulana Abdul Khalique said guidlines in "ahkame idul zuah (concept of sacrifice), an instruction book brought out by the seminary, say that Muslims should avoid slaughtering cows wherever it is banned.
To respect the law and in view of feelings of Hindus, he said cow slaughter should be avoided as it does not have any added significance in the rituals.
"Other cattle can be used for scarifice so as not to breach the law," he said.
Id-ul-Adha will be celebrated on November 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list