Ayodhya anniversary passes peacefully
Ayodhya: The 21st anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition on Friday passed off peacefully amid tight security arrangements.
Heavy security was in place in all the entry points of the holy city and vehicles were searched throughly, sources said.
Ayodhya unit of Babri Masjid Action Committee observed Black Day while Vishwa Hindu Parishad celebrated the day as Victory Day and day of bravery.
However, locals were disinterested and went about their daily chores without caring about the day.
Abdul Khaliq, a local of Ayodhya, said that "people in the town are fed up with media persons repeating the same question year and again on this day and the same security exercises being carried out by the local administration."
"The lower court took so much time, nobody can say what time will be taken by Supreme Court for the final judgement," he said, adding that "after the entry of politics into the matter relationship between the two communities may have become sour in some parts of the country but in Ayodhya the relations are good and harmonious."
Mahant Raghuvar Sharan, a local priest in Ayodhya said," I have had enough and don`t want to talk about this matter. Legal battle is on between the parties. These politicians from both the sides, by poking their noses, have created a condition where both Hindu and Muslim communities are feared and terrorised by each other."
Over 2,000 people died in the clashes that followed the demolition of the mosque by in 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi