Ayodhya anniversary passes peacefully
Ayodhya: The 21st anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition on Friday passed off peacefully amid tight security arrangements.
Heavy security was in place in all the entry points of the holy city and vehicles were searched throughly, sources said.
Ayodhya unit of Babri Masjid Action Committee observed Black Day while Vishwa Hindu Parishad celebrated the day as Victory Day and day of bravery.
However, locals were disinterested and went about their daily chores without caring about the day.
Abdul Khaliq, a local of Ayodhya, said that "people in the town are fed up with media persons repeating the same question year and again on this day and the same security exercises being carried out by the local administration."
"The lower court took so much time, nobody can say what time will be taken by Supreme Court for the final judgement," he said, adding that "after the entry of politics into the matter relationship between the two communities may have become sour in some parts of the country but in Ayodhya the relations are good and harmonious."
Mahant Raghuvar Sharan, a local priest in Ayodhya said," I have had enough and don`t want to talk about this matter. Legal battle is on between the parties. These politicians from both the sides, by poking their noses, have created a condition where both Hindu and Muslim communities are feared and terrorised by each other."
Over 2,000 people died in the clashes that followed the demolition of the mosque by in 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley