Ayodhya case: Non-bailable warrant against SP MP, Sena MLA
Lucknow: A special CBI court here, hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case on Monday issued non-bailable warrants against Samajwadi Party MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh and former Shiv Sena MLA Pawan Pandey after they failed to appear before it.
Special Judge (CBI) Lucknow Shashimouli Tiwari passed the order and fixed December 22 as next date of hearing.
The process of the recording of evidence of witnesses is going on in the court, but both the accused, Singh and Pandey, were not present neither any counsel appeared on their behalf.
Singh, SP MP from Kaiserganj constituency, is an accused in Babri Masjid demolition case.
He was BJP MP from Gonda constituency at the time of razing down of the medieval monument and remained close to senior BJP leader LK Advani and VHP leader Ashok Singhal during their campaign for Ram Janam Bhumi in Ayodhya.
Singh has been declared as SP candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls from Kaiserganj by the party.
The special judge also issued warrant against former Sena legislator from Akbarpur constituency of Faizabad, Pawan Pandey on the same ground.
On December 12, 1992, the CBI took over the investigation and on October 5, next year, it filed charge sheets in the two cases against 40 people, including Advani, before a Lucknow court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP blames central government for action against Bhagwant Mann
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Honour killing in Kairana: Youth shot at by father-in-law in for marrying girl against parents' choice
- BCCI to meet today to discuss SC verdict on Lodha panel's report