Ayodhya: HC seeks information on threats to counsels
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Thursday summoned Secretary Home and ADG (law and order) for providing complete information regarding action taken by the state government in view of the serious threat perception to judges and counsels connected with the Ayodhya case.
The division bench comprising Justice Devi Prasad Singh and Justice DK Upadhaya issued this order on a writ petition filed by a local lawyer Ranjana Agnihotri connected with the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid case.
The petitioner while inviting the attention of the court towards the report of ATS Gwalior (MP) had sought direction for her security and the court on March 20 had directed the state government to produce a complete action taken report in view of the ATS, Gwalior report.
Though the state counsel today produced some information but the court was not satisfied with it and directed the state government`s counsel to produce complete information in this matter on March 26 in a sealed cover, if necessary.
The court also directed that secretary home and ADG law and order shall appear in person on the same day to apprise the court regarding security of judges and lawyers of the case.
The petitioner had sought directions from the court for her security in view of a letter by the deputy SP (ATS), Gwalior, sent to the President of Oudh Bar Association of the Lucknow bench on January 3, 2012 stating that there was a serious threat perception to the judges and lawyers related to the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark