Ayodhya Ram temple: `Political interference is biggest hurdle`
Mathura: Political interference is the greatest hurdle in construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya, Goverdhan Peethadheeshwar of Rama Nand Sect Acharya Krishna Das Kanchan Maharaj said Sunday.
"As long as the issue of temple would be raised to gain political mileage, construction of a temple in Ayodhya is impossible," he told reporters in Goverdhan town.
Over the controversy surrounding 84-Kosi Parikrama in Ayodhya, Krishna Das said that the government would not have imposed a ban if the yatra was not hyped by political parties.
"As a part of politics saints were invited to join 84-Kosi Parikrama in Ayodhya... They were invited to join the yatra through TV channels and newspapers. The government took a note of it and imposed the ban," he claimed.
He said that because there was no call for saints to join the ongoing 84-Kosi Parikrama in Braj Bhumi, scores of saints have joined it and they were given a warm welcome.
"Since there was no call by any political party directly or indirectly nearly two thousand saints have joined the Parikrama and they are facing no problem," he said.
Krishna Das alleged that these days several saints follow political leaders which was not the case earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neeraj Chopra sets new U20 Javelin WORLD RECORD in Poland – WATCH VIDEO
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli