Ayodhya, religious places in UP put on high alert
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has put on high alert Ayodhya and other religious places in the state after Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal`s revelation that a most wanted terrorist, Tahseen Akhtar, was planning to target them.
"Name of Tahseen Akhtar figured in interrogation with Yasin Bhatkal after which district police chiefs have been alerted and his sketch has been provided to them," IG (Law and Order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here in reply to a question.
Security agencies, during interrogation with Bhatkal, have come to know about Akhtar`s plan to target Ayodhya and other religious places, sources said.
Akhtar, wanted in connection with Hyderabad and other blasts, is an IM operative and carries Rs 10 lakh reward on his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!