Ayodhya site cannot be divided: RSS chief
Vrindavan: Asserting that the disputed land
in Ayodhya was the birthplace of Ram and could not be divided,
saffron leaders including RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat today said
no power on earth could stop the construction of a grand
temple at the site.
"The land of Ram Janam Bhumi cannot be divided and the
Mandir movement will reach its conclusion only with the
construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya," the RSS chief said
at a function here to mark the 75th birth anniversary of Yug
Purush Swami Paramanand Maharaj.
"It has now been established that a Ram Temple existed in
Ayodhya. Majority of Hindus have been longing to see a
majestic Ram temple at the site ever since the temple
was demolished," Bhagwat said.
Maintaining that the temple in Ayodhya was demolished in
order to demoralise the countrymen, he expressed the resolve
to build a temple at the site and said it was time to begin
efforts in that direction.
Blaming politicians and fundamentalists for putting up
hurdles in the path of the temple movement, he said, "The
temple could not be constructed since spoil sport was played
by fundamentalists and politicians," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, VHP General Secretary Parveen
Togadia rejected the idea of a mosque at the site and said a
temple will be built there with the blessings of saints.
"With the blessings of saints, Ram Temple will be
constructed in Ayodhya and Mosque is not acceptable," he said.
He also demanded a total ban on cow slaughter.
VHP International President Ashok Singhal, Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, were
among others who complimented Swami Paramanand on the
Modi said, "Guru-Shishya Parampara established by
Swami Ram Krishna Paramhans and Swami Vivekananda is being
kept up by Yug Purus Swami Paramananad Maharaj and Sadhwi
Swami Paramanand is playing a vital role in inspiring
the youth towards spirituality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel