Ayodhya site cannot be divided: RSS chief
Vrindavan: Asserting that the disputed land
in Ayodhya was the birthplace of Ram and could not be divided,
saffron leaders including RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat today said
no power on earth could stop the construction of a grand
temple at the site.
"The land of Ram Janam Bhumi cannot be divided and the
Mandir movement will reach its conclusion only with the
construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya," the RSS chief said
at a function here to mark the 75th birth anniversary of Yug
Purush Swami Paramanand Maharaj.
"It has now been established that a Ram Temple existed in
Ayodhya. Majority of Hindus have been longing to see a
majestic Ram temple at the site ever since the temple
was demolished," Bhagwat said.
Maintaining that the temple in Ayodhya was demolished in
order to demoralise the countrymen, he expressed the resolve
to build a temple at the site and said it was time to begin
efforts in that direction.
Blaming politicians and fundamentalists for putting up
hurdles in the path of the temple movement, he said, "The
temple could not be constructed since spoil sport was played
by fundamentalists and politicians," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, VHP General Secretary Parveen
Togadia rejected the idea of a mosque at the site and said a
temple will be built there with the blessings of saints.
"With the blessings of saints, Ram Temple will be
constructed in Ayodhya and Mosque is not acceptable," he said.
He also demanded a total ban on cow slaughter.
VHP International President Ashok Singhal, Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, were
among others who complimented Swami Paramanand on the
Modi said, "Guru-Shishya Parampara established by
Swami Ram Krishna Paramhans and Swami Vivekananda is being
kept up by Yug Purus Swami Paramananad Maharaj and Sadhwi
Swami Paramanand is playing a vital role in inspiring
the youth towards spirituality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill