Azam asks his staff to declare assets
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of complaints of corruption, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development and Minority Welfare minister Azam Khan Wednesday asked employees of his two departments to declare their and their families` assets within 15 days.
The minister wrote separate letters in this regard to the Principal Secretary, Urban Development, and the Secretary, Minority Welfare, officials said.
Khan had asked all employees of both his departments and their associate organisations, except those in class IV, to declare their, their spouses and dependent sons and daughters movable and immovable properties, bank deposits and benami assets.
In case, they did not declare their assests within 15 days, the Economic Offences Wing would be asked to look into the matter, he said.
Due to corruption, the image of the departments had been dented, and, therefore, it was necessary the employees should declare their assets, Khan said.
The copies of the letters had been sent to the Chief Secretary and the Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley