Azam asks his staff to declare assets
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of complaints of corruption, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development and Minority Welfare minister Azam Khan Wednesday asked employees of his two departments to declare their and their families` assets within 15 days.
The minister wrote separate letters in this regard to the Principal Secretary, Urban Development, and the Secretary, Minority Welfare, officials said.
Khan had asked all employees of both his departments and their associate organisations, except those in class IV, to declare their, their spouses and dependent sons and daughters movable and immovable properties, bank deposits and benami assets.
In case, they did not declare their assests within 15 days, the Economic Offences Wing would be asked to look into the matter, he said.
Due to corruption, the image of the departments had been dented, and, therefore, it was necessary the employees should declare their assets, Khan said.
The copies of the letters had been sent to the Chief Secretary and the Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents