Azam asks his staff to declare assets
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of complaints of corruption, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development and Minority Welfare minister Azam Khan Wednesday asked employees of his two departments to declare their and their families` assets within 15 days.
The minister wrote separate letters in this regard to the Principal Secretary, Urban Development, and the Secretary, Minority Welfare, officials said.
Khan had asked all employees of both his departments and their associate organisations, except those in class IV, to declare their, their spouses and dependent sons and daughters movable and immovable properties, bank deposits and benami assets.
In case, they did not declare their assests within 15 days, the Economic Offences Wing would be asked to look into the matter, he said.
Due to corruption, the image of the departments had been dented, and, therefore, it was necessary the employees should declare their assets, Khan said.
The copies of the letters had been sent to the Chief Secretary and the Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH