Azam asks his staff to declare assets
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of complaints of corruption, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development and Minority Welfare minister Azam Khan Wednesday asked employees of his two departments to declare their and their families` assets within 15 days.
The minister wrote separate letters in this regard to the Principal Secretary, Urban Development, and the Secretary, Minority Welfare, officials said.
Khan had asked all employees of both his departments and their associate organisations, except those in class IV, to declare their, their spouses and dependent sons and daughters movable and immovable properties, bank deposits and benami assets.
In case, they did not declare their assests within 15 days, the Economic Offences Wing would be asked to look into the matter, he said.
Due to corruption, the image of the departments had been dented, and, therefore, it was necessary the employees should declare their assets, Khan said.
The copies of the letters had been sent to the Chief Secretary and the Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre