Azam booked under sedition charges
Badaun: An FIR was on Wednesday registered
against SP leader Mohammad Azam Khan on the charge of sedition
for his controversial comments on Kashmir following a court
"As per the court order, a case has been lodged at Sadar
police station against Mohd Azam Khan under section 124 (A)
(sedition) on a written complaint filed by Bajrang Dal leader
Ujjwal Gupta," SSP D K Chaudhary said.
A local court had yesterday directed the police to
register the FIR and submit its report.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Pawan Pratap Singh passed the
order on an application moved by Gupta on January 3.
At a public meeting on December 21 here, about 250 km
from Lucknow, Khan had said Ghulam Nabi Azad is the lone
Muslim cabinet minister in the UPA government but he is a
"Only one Muslim minister (Azad) is there in the (Union)
Cabinet and that too not of India, but from Kashmir. That
Kashmir, which is still controversial and we don`t know
whether that is part of India or not...," Khan had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family