Azam demands posting of doctors in his home district
Lucknow: Senior Samajwadi Party leader and Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan today took strong exception to the state government for not posting doctors in Rampur hospital, saying it was harming his reputation.
He shot off a letter to the Principal Secretary Medical and Health, saying despite the doctors of the Rampur hospital being transferred two months ago, new doctors have not been posted in their places, an official spokesman said.
State`s Urban Development minister said it appears that since he had unearthed cases of corruption in the department, doctors are not being posted there which is causing immense hardships to the poor people.
Stressing that it also harming his reputation, he said that it would be better to close down the hospitals without doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened