Azam demands posting of doctors in his home district
Lucknow: Senior Samajwadi Party leader and Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan today took strong exception to the state government for not posting doctors in Rampur hospital, saying it was harming his reputation.
He shot off a letter to the Principal Secretary Medical and Health, saying despite the doctors of the Rampur hospital being transferred two months ago, new doctors have not been posted in their places, an official spokesman said.
State`s Urban Development minister said it appears that since he had unearthed cases of corruption in the department, doctors are not being posted there which is causing immense hardships to the poor people.
Stressing that it also harming his reputation, he said that it would be better to close down the hospitals without doctors.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley