Azam Khan assaults train attendant; FIR lodged
Amritsar: An attendant of Punjab Mail was allegedly slapped and asked to do 50 sit-ups by Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Azam Khan for not arranging bedding properly.
Railway coach attendant Nirmal Murmu has alleged in his complaint on Friday, given to Government Railway Police at Amritsar railway station, that on December 18 he was "beaten, forced to hold his both ear to do sit-ups more than 50 times and was also made hostage in the running Punjab Mail train compartment between Rampur and Lucknow stations."
SHO GRP, Dharminder Kalyan, said that in his statement Murmu has claimed that he was made hostage by the UP minister Mohammad Azam Khan on December 18 for not arranging bedding properly in the compartment which was booked for the minister in Punjab Mail.
Replying to the allegations, the minister said, "There is nothing special about it. There was no need to take notice of such incidents."
According to the complaint, the minister first scolded Murmu in abusive language and then made him hostage, the SHO said adding that no action could be initiated from Amritsar as occurrence of the incident was out of their jurisdiction.
The SHO said since Murmu couldn`t lodge complaint due to insufficient time during the travel in any of the railway station from Lucknow to Amritsar, hence on reaching Amritsar, he brought the incident on record.
So a simple complaint was lodged, which was forwarded to the GRP Rampur where the incident had occurred, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez