Azam Khan contests Mayawati claim on Muslims
Rampur (UP): Lampooning BSP Supremo
Mayawati`s "affection" for Muslims, Samajwadi Party leader
Mohd Azam Khan on Monday asked her to explain about her
announcement claiming that Rs 175 crore have been spent on the
establishment of Urdu, Arabic and Persian University.
He alleged that "there were neither functional classes
nor offices worth the name to take up day-to-day matters and
moreover the land allotted for the purpose was controversial".
The university, he said, "has been named after BSP`s
founder Kanshiram as if she considers late leader was the
singular fittest person to lead Urdu, Arabic and Persian
Khan asked Mayawati to remember her promise to release
those Muslim youth who were falsely branded as terrorists,
nabbed and thrown behind the bars. The promise remains
unimplemented even after passage of years, he added.
Khan contradicted chief minister`s claim regarding
constructing boundary walls to make grave yards in the state
secure alleging "not a single boundary has been erected".
The chief minister`s declared affection for Muslim
students was a political gimmick, Azam said adding it was
Mayawati who deployed bulldozers to demolish some of the Johar
Urdu University`s construction and restricted admissions in
Khan again called chief minister`s claim regarding
awarding of scholarships to backward students of Muslim
community as unfounded and said "not a single student has so
far received the benefit".
He stated "Mayawati knows well that Samajwadi Party was
well set to grab power in coming elections hence she has
started making false promises by financing and organisation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon