Azam Khan demands royal palace land for medical college
Rampur: Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister Mohammad Azam Khan demanded the heirs of the former Nawabs to hand over the spacious and grand palace of the erstwhile rulers to Mohammad Ali Johar University, so that the same may be transformed into a medical college.
Interacting with media persons late last evening, Khan offered to pay a reasonable cost for the palace and reminded of his parlays with late begum of heir apparent Nawab Murtaza Ali Khan, which proved fruitless.
"Now talks with late begum`s daughter are being initiated with an assurance that the proposed medical college would carry the name of their fore-fathers," Khan said.
The minister also laid emphasis on affiliation of Asia`s foremost Raza Library with Rampur-based Johar university so that library`s literary cultural and historic treasure maybe utilised by scholars and researchers at the varsity.
Azam Khan announced that Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has accepted Johar university`s offer to hold the post of `Visitor` of the institution.
"A Visitor is acknowledged as more important a person than the Chancellor of a university," Khan, who is also founder and life-time chancellor of the university, said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works