Azam Khan denies quitting as minister
Lucknow: Amid reports that he has offered to resign from the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet, Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan on Thursday denied any such move.
Azam Khan said he has not offered to resign as the minister, but only be released from his duties as minister in-charge of districts.
After he was removed as the minister in-charge of Meerut district, Khan had written a letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Reports had claimed that in the letter, Khan said if he was not capable of being the minister in-charge of Meerut district, he was willing to step down as a Cabinet minister.
As per sources, he had also asked the Chief Minister to remove him from the responsibilities of minister-in charge for Ghaziabad and Muzzafarnagar too.
However, Khan today clarified that he had only asked to be relieved of his duties related to districts.
According to sources, Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav has been given the charge of Meerut district and Khan was given the responsibility for Pilibhit district.
Khan, UP Urban Development and Minorities Welfare Minister, was the minister in-charge of Ghaziabad, Muzzafarnagar and Meerut and responsible for development projects in these districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi