Azam Khan has grabbed Waqf land, alleges Congress MLA
Lucknow: Congress legislator Nawab Kazim Ali Khan has alleged that Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan has grabbed `enemy property` for his private trust in Rampur, an accusation denied by the SP leader.
"There is around 450 bigha land of enemy property which Azam wants to include in Maulana Ali Jauhar University, run by his trust. In fact it is already within the premises of the university," Ali, an MLA from Swar Tanda constituency in Rampur, alleged.
The MLA said that he came to know about this from an RTI query, adding that he had written to the custodian of property at Mumbai in this regard.
Enemy property is referred to the property left behind by people who moved to another country.
"After failing to get the land directly, now the district administration is auctioning it," he said.
"I send a letter to the administration for participating in the auction, but it was not received," he alleged.
Ali demanded an inquiry into the matter and accused the minister of getting historical buildings demolished.
"As per the provisions any building which is more than 100 years old is considered to be a historical building and cannot be razed down, but Azam is getting these places demolished," he alleged.
The MLA alleged that material of these historical places was being send to the university.
He demanded that an inquiry should also be conducted into donations to the trust.
"They claim of getting donation from various sources, but it must be probed whether the donors were financially stable or not. I have lodged a complaint in this regard," he said.
Meanwhile, in a statement issued here Azam said that allegations against him were "baseless, misleading and far from the facts".
"Doors of the court are open for those who want to complain against me," Azam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Donald Trump tweets video, accuses Hillary Clinton of telling many lies on emails
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of SAUNI project in Jamnagar
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow