Azam Khan lashes out at Cong MLA over `enemy prope
Lucknow: Proactive steps taken to improve governance in Rampur had not gone down well with certain sections of the people who are now making baseless allegations to create trouble in his home district, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Mohd Azam Khan said on Tuesday.
Azam Khan lashes out at Cong MLA over `enemy property` row He was responding to charges levelled against him by Congress MLA Kazim Ali, the scion of the erstwhile royal family of Rampur, who has said that the minister was out to grab `enemy property` for his private trust in the district.
Attacking Ali, the Samajwadi Party minister said that the atrocities committed by his forebears during their rule was still spoken about in the area.
`Enemy property` is the term used to refer to property of those persons who migrated to undivided Pakistan.
"There is around 450 bighas under enemy property land which Azam wants to include in Maulana Ali Jauhar University, run by his trust," Ali had said.
Ali claims to have found out about the minister`s alleged move to acquire the said property through an RTI query and has demanded an inquiry into the matter.
- Govt to cap Airfares during crises, natural calamities?
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?