Azam Khan lashes out at Cong MLA over `enemy prope
Lucknow: Proactive steps taken to improve governance in Rampur had not gone down well with certain sections of the people who are now making baseless allegations to create trouble in his home district, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Mohd Azam Khan said on Tuesday.
Azam Khan lashes out at Cong MLA over `enemy property` row He was responding to charges levelled against him by Congress MLA Kazim Ali, the scion of the erstwhile royal family of Rampur, who has said that the minister was out to grab `enemy property` for his private trust in the district.
Attacking Ali, the Samajwadi Party minister said that the atrocities committed by his forebears during their rule was still spoken about in the area.
`Enemy property` is the term used to refer to property of those persons who migrated to undivided Pakistan.
"There is around 450 bighas under enemy property land which Azam wants to include in Maulana Ali Jauhar University, run by his trust," Ali had said.
Ali claims to have found out about the minister`s alleged move to acquire the said property through an RTI query and has demanded an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary