Azam Khan slams Modi`s `toilets before temple` remark
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Mohd Azam Khan has lashed out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his comments that he preferred toilets to temples.
The minister said in the temple town of Faizabad late Friday that it was unfortunate that people who razed the Babri mosque in Ayodhya in 1992 were talking about toilets.
"It is rather unfortunate that sentiments attached to religion and prayers are being scoffed at in such a manner," he told reporters.
"This is nothing but a reflection of the mentality such people have," he said, referring to Modi`s comment in New Delhi that he preferred "sauchalaya to devalayas".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie