Azam Khan upset over `fake` Facebook profile
Lucknow: Taking strong exception to a "fake profile" in his name on the social networking site Facebook, Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan has shot off letters to the state police seeking action against the culprits.
"Some people have created a fake account in my name and I have sent a letter to the DGP UP Thursday demanding stern action against the culprits," Khan told newspersons here.
The minister, who has sent a four page letter to the DGP, said that last year also he had written to the SSP Lucknow but nothing was done and now those who are operating it have "crossed all limits".
It is the "communally provocative comments" being posted in his name that are troubling the minister and have alarmed him.
He has been attributed as saying that secularism and patriotism are not acceptable in Islam in one of the posts while on another he is making derogatory references to union minister Salman Khurshid.
"This is not an act of mischief but it is the handiwork of some organisation that wants to malign my image," Khan said.
The name of the minister on the page is spelt as `Muhmmad Azam Khan` and carries his photograph on the profile stating that he is the general secretary of the Samajwadi Party and a cabinet minister in the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali