Azam Khan upset over `fake` Facebook profile
Lucknow: Taking strong exception to a "fake profile" in his name on the social networking site Facebook, Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan has shot off letters to the state police seeking action against the culprits.
"Some people have created a fake account in my name and I have sent a letter to the DGP UP Thursday demanding stern action against the culprits," Khan told newspersons here.
The minister, who has sent a four page letter to the DGP, said that last year also he had written to the SSP Lucknow but nothing was done and now those who are operating it have "crossed all limits".
It is the "communally provocative comments" being posted in his name that are troubling the minister and have alarmed him.
He has been attributed as saying that secularism and patriotism are not acceptable in Islam in one of the posts while on another he is making derogatory references to union minister Salman Khurshid.
"This is not an act of mischief but it is the handiwork of some organisation that wants to malign my image," Khan said.
The name of the minister on the page is spelt as `Muhmmad Azam Khan` and carries his photograph on the profile stating that he is the general secretary of the Samajwadi Party and a cabinet minister in the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day