Azam Khan`s staff allege abuse, seek transfer
Lucknow: The personal staff of Azam Khan, Uttar Pradesh`s urban development, parliamentary affairs and minority affairs minister, has sought transfer from his office saying the minister is abusive towards them, authorities said.
An official of the `Sachivalaya Prashasan`, the nodal department for all such staff, said two personal secretaries and five additional secretaries have petitioned the department to relieve them of their duties with the minister.
Alleging that despite their best efforts and round-the-clock work at the minister`s office, Azam Khan was abusive and harsh in his treatment towards them.
The staff wrote in their letter: "On most occasions, the minister`s behaviour towards them was `ashobhaneey` (unbecoming) and that in anger, he makes uncharitable remarks and gets abusive."
The staff members also said that they were leading a "very tense life" because of this, and they were not in a position to continue with their duties with the cabinet minister.
They have also requested the department to immediately relieve them of their duties. Azam Khan is known for his proximity with the Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Reacting to the accusations of the minister`s personal staff, the secretariat employees union has opened a front against Azam Khan and urged the chief minister to sack him.
Secretary of the `Sachivalaya Sangh` Onkar Nath Tiwari said that the complaints against the minister were serious and if true, the CM should intervene and remove Azam Khan as minister.
"No one has the right to abuse and torture the staff members" he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'