Azam Khan`s staff shifted to Secretariat
Lucknow: Accepting the demand of transfer made by some staff members of state Urban Development Minister Mohd Azam Khan over use of "abusive" language by him, the Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday shifted them to Secretariat.
"All seven persons of Khan`s staff have been attached to the central section of the Secretariat... We welcome the decision by the Secretariat administration," secretary, UP Secretariat Sangh (Union), Onkar Tiwari said.
Khan`s staff had last month alleged that he had used "abusive and undignified language" against them and had sought transfer.
Private Secretaries Jeevan Singh Negi, Vijay Bahadur Singh and Additional Private Secretaries Awadesh Kumar Tiwari, M N Jha, Sarvesh Kumar Mishra, Mohammand Naeem Siddiqui and S Prajapati on October 29 wrote a letter to the Chief Secretary, demanding that they should be relieved from their duty and transferred elsewhere.
Tiwari said the association had approached Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Chief Secretary, seeking their intervention in the matter.
To avoid a clash and possible protests by the employees` union, the state has for now attached the seven men to its Secretariat, he said.
"We welcome the decision of the Akhilesh Yadav government. We were fighting for honour of the employees," Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?