Azam Khan`s staff shifted to Secretariat
Lucknow: Accepting the demand of transfer made by some staff members of state Urban Development Minister Mohd Azam Khan over use of "abusive" language by him, the Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday shifted them to Secretariat.
"All seven persons of Khan`s staff have been attached to the central section of the Secretariat... We welcome the decision by the Secretariat administration," secretary, UP Secretariat Sangh (Union), Onkar Tiwari said.
Khan`s staff had last month alleged that he had used "abusive and undignified language" against them and had sought transfer.
Private Secretaries Jeevan Singh Negi, Vijay Bahadur Singh and Additional Private Secretaries Awadesh Kumar Tiwari, M N Jha, Sarvesh Kumar Mishra, Mohammand Naeem Siddiqui and S Prajapati on October 29 wrote a letter to the Chief Secretary, demanding that they should be relieved from their duty and transferred elsewhere.
Tiwari said the association had approached Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Chief Secretary, seeking their intervention in the matter.
To avoid a clash and possible protests by the employees` union, the state has for now attached the seven men to its Secretariat, he said.
"We welcome the decision of the Akhilesh Yadav government. We were fighting for honour of the employees," Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?