Azamgarh bus mishap: UP CM announces Rs 1 lakh compensation
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to
kin of the 16 people killed in last night`s Azamgarh bus
"Expressing deep sympathies to the family of bus
tragedy victims, the CM has directed the Azamgarh district
administration to provide a financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh
to each of the families," an official spokesperson said here.
Mayawati has also directed to ensure free treatment to
all those injured in the mishap.
The accident took place on the Azamgarh-Varanasi road
when a passenger bus ran over a marriage procession last
night, Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop Srivastava
While two persons died on the spot, several others
were injured as the driver tried to speed away fearing
Fourteen others later died while being rushed to the
hospital for treatment, Srivastava said, adding three of the
seriously injured were referred to Varanasi hospital for
treatment and about half a dozen others were being treated at
a local hospital.
The driver and conductor of the bus have been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?