Azamgarh bus mishap: UP CM announces Rs 1 lakh compensation
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to
kin of the 16 people killed in last night`s Azamgarh bus
"Expressing deep sympathies to the family of bus
tragedy victims, the CM has directed the Azamgarh district
administration to provide a financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh
to each of the families," an official spokesperson said here.
Mayawati has also directed to ensure free treatment to
all those injured in the mishap.
The accident took place on the Azamgarh-Varanasi road
when a passenger bus ran over a marriage procession last
night, Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop Srivastava
While two persons died on the spot, several others
were injured as the driver tried to speed away fearing
Fourteen others later died while being rushed to the
hospital for treatment, Srivastava said, adding three of the
seriously injured were referred to Varanasi hospital for
treatment and about half a dozen others were being treated at
a local hospital.
The driver and conductor of the bus have been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'