Azamgarh bus mishap: UP CM announces Rs 1 lakh compensation
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to
kin of the 16 people killed in last night`s Azamgarh bus
"Expressing deep sympathies to the family of bus
tragedy victims, the CM has directed the Azamgarh district
administration to provide a financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh
to each of the families," an official spokesperson said here.
Mayawati has also directed to ensure free treatment to
all those injured in the mishap.
The accident took place on the Azamgarh-Varanasi road
when a passenger bus ran over a marriage procession last
night, Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop Srivastava
While two persons died on the spot, several others
were injured as the driver tried to speed away fearing
Fourteen others later died while being rushed to the
hospital for treatment, Srivastava said, adding three of the
seriously injured were referred to Varanasi hospital for
treatment and about half a dozen others were being treated at
a local hospital.
The driver and conductor of the bus have been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery