Azamgarh tense after student`s death in accident
Lucknow: A mob fought pitched battles with police and resorted to arson and vandalism in Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh district Friday after a school student was mowed down by a private bus, police said.
Vipin Kumar, 14, was crushed to death by the speeding bus in Aaho Patti area while going to school.
"Agitated over the accident, locals in large numbers indulged in heavy brick batting, torched the private bus and damaged some private vehicles," Superintendent of Police (City) Ashok Kumar told reporters in Azamgarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
Police are yet to trace the bus driver, who managed to escape soon after the accident.
"Though the situation is under control, it`s still tense. Security at the accident site and nearby areas has been beefed up to avert fresh violence," added Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America