Azamgarh tense after student`s death in accident
Lucknow: A mob fought pitched battles with police and resorted to arson and vandalism in Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh district Friday after a school student was mowed down by a private bus, police said.
Vipin Kumar, 14, was crushed to death by the speeding bus in Aaho Patti area while going to school.
"Agitated over the accident, locals in large numbers indulged in heavy brick batting, torched the private bus and damaged some private vehicles," Superintendent of Police (City) Ashok Kumar told reporters in Azamgarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
Police are yet to trace the bus driver, who managed to escape soon after the accident.
"Though the situation is under control, it`s still tense. Security at the accident site and nearby areas has been beefed up to avert fresh violence," added Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah