B` deshi girl `sold` by step-mom escapes in India
Chandauli: A woman allegedly sold her step-daughter to human traffickers in Bangladesh but the girl managed to escape by jumping off the Mumbai-Howrah Mail at Mughalsarai Railway Station today, police said.
Sonali (18), a resident of Putauli are in Jaisore district of Bangladesh, was allegedly sold to two persons by her step-mother in Bangladesh, they said.
The girl, while being taken to Mumbai by the duo, escaped by jumping off the train when it reached Mughalsarai Railway station here.
RPF officials later handed over the girl to an NGO.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief