B` deshi girl `sold` by step-mom escapes in India
Chandauli: A woman allegedly sold her step-daughter to human traffickers in Bangladesh but the girl managed to escape by jumping off the Mumbai-Howrah Mail at Mughalsarai Railway Station today, police said.
Sonali (18), a resident of Putauli are in Jaisore district of Bangladesh, was allegedly sold to two persons by her step-mother in Bangladesh, they said.
The girl, while being taken to Mumbai by the duo, escaped by jumping off the train when it reached Mughalsarai Railway station here.
RPF officials later handed over the girl to an NGO.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan