B` deshi girl `sold` by step-mom escapes in India
Chandauli: A woman allegedly sold her step-daughter to human traffickers in Bangladesh but the girl managed to escape by jumping off the Mumbai-Howrah Mail at Mughalsarai Railway Station today, police said.
Sonali (18), a resident of Putauli are in Jaisore district of Bangladesh, was allegedly sold to two persons by her step-mother in Bangladesh, they said.
The girl, while being taken to Mumbai by the duo, escaped by jumping off the train when it reached Mughalsarai Railway station here.
RPF officials later handed over the girl to an NGO.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing