B` deshi girl `sold` by step-mom escapes in India
Chandauli: A woman allegedly sold her step-daughter to human traffickers in Bangladesh but the girl managed to escape by jumping off the Mumbai-Howrah Mail at Mughalsarai Railway Station today, police said.
Sonali (18), a resident of Putauli are in Jaisore district of Bangladesh, was allegedly sold to two persons by her step-mother in Bangladesh, they said.
The girl, while being taken to Mumbai by the duo, escaped by jumping off the train when it reached Mughalsarai Railway station here.
RPF officials later handed over the girl to an NGO.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP