B` deshi girl `sold` by step-mom escapes in India
Chandauli: A woman allegedly sold her step-daughter to human traffickers in Bangladesh but the girl managed to escape by jumping off the Mumbai-Howrah Mail at Mughalsarai Railway Station today, police said.
Sonali (18), a resident of Putauli are in Jaisore district of Bangladesh, was allegedly sold to two persons by her step-mother in Bangladesh, they said.
The girl, while being taken to Mumbai by the duo, escaped by jumping off the train when it reached Mughalsarai Railway station here.
RPF officials later handed over the girl to an NGO.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends