BA student claims rape by youth in suicide note
Muzaffarnagar: A case of suicide by a BA student has come to light in the district over her alleged rape by a youth here, police said.
The student in Khatoli town died on January 9 after consuming poison.
Yesterday, 35 days after her death, a suicide note was found in which she has stated that she was raped by a youth from her neighbourhood when she had been alone at home.
The parents of the girl have registered a complaint and submitted the alleged suicide note and a sample of her handwriting with police, who said that they were looking into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'